This cave church (John the Baptist) had been built above the old village of Çavuşin inside a huge tuff rock. Originally it had a front with several columns which were visible from far away, but an earthquake made the whole front break down. After the Greek-Turkish people exchange of 1923 the church had been used differently. The space between the columns was filled with walls and most of the frescoes have been destroyed. Remarkable are the ornaments in the back wall.