©2022 Heiner Sträßer
Nevsehir, Meryem Ana Church: After the Turkish-Greek people exchange in 1923, this church from 1849 was first used to store goods. In 1950 it had been changed into a prison. In the middle of the church they have built a second floor and several walls created the cells for the prisoners. Since 1983 its empty. In 2012/13 someone had dug holes in the ground next to the columns at the western side. This endangers the stability of the whole building.