©2020 Heiner Sträßer
former Greek quarter in Nevşehir:
The area south of the castle of Nevşehir was inhabited mainly by Christians until 1923 and the people exchange between Turkey and Greece. Later many Turks moved into the abandoned houses, changed them, built new ones, destroyed some etc. Nowadays the government had decided to renew the whole area. Some buildings have been declared as of historic interest and all the other ones are meanwhile pulled down.